I love being given the chance to share what knowledge I have with others, and I enjoy doing workshops with intimate groups as well as conducting seminars in large classroom settings. I have given many informal workshops as the municipal liaison of the Asia :: Philippines chapter of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), but I’ve also had a few formal speaking engagements and seminars over the years.
If you’d like to work with me and want copies of my articles, please get in touch with me via e-mail (lianasmithbautista [at] outlook.com), though you may want to drop me a tweet @liasbautista or Facebook message as well.
Seminars and Workshops
- Co-Facilitator, “Romance Masterclass: Editing Your Romance Novel Seminar & Workshop.” June 4, 2016, at Bit Space Makati (with co-facilitators Georgette S. Gonzales, Louie Pilapil and Layla Tanjutco).
- Facilitator & Speaker, “JustWrite: A Fiction-Writing Workshop.” July 1 to August 8, 2015, with online modules and live modules at Summit Media (sponsored by Buqo/Hand.Interactive).
- Guest Speaker, “Explore: Language and Skills in Practice,” Career Talk (Copyediting) and Writing Workshop by the UST English Language Studies Society, Faculty of Arts and Letters, University of Santo Tomas. April 28, 2015, at the Buenaventura Garcia Paredes, O.P. Building, University of Santo Tomas, Manila.
- Speaker, “Writing Seminar: Best Strategies and Common Mistakes” (facilitated by Zo Aguila). July 2012, Summit Media.
- Speaker, “Editing Seminar: Top Strategies and Concerns” (facilitated by Zo Aguila). July 2012, at Summit Media, Cybergate Tower 3, Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong City.
Public Speaking and Hosting Engagements
- Event Host, “Mina V. Esguerra Book Launch” (with Will Read for Feels co-bloggers Anne Plaza and Marian Bartolome) for Anvil Publishing’s Spark Books imprint. April 25, 2015, at Powerbooks, Greenbelt 3, Makati City. [Event Coverage]
- Speaker/Panelist, “From Reader to Writer: Crossing Over Consumer to Content Creator” (with Reev Robledo and Ariesa Domingo; facilitated by Mina V. Esguerra) at the 5th Philippine International Literary Festival and Book Industry Summit. November 14, 2014, at Bayanihan Center, Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong City.
- Guest Lecturer on Web Writing and Editing, “Writing for Print Media” (class by Anna Loraine Balita-Centeno). April 1, 2014, at De La Salle University, Taft Avenue, Manila.